Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spring Street Natural

I had brunch at Spring Street Natural (62 Spring St. @ Lafayette) today with a fellow IIN grad. What a great place!

The day was absolutely beautiful and we decided to take a seat by one of the large windows at the front. The service was fantastic. Our waiter showed us just enough attention without making us feel stalked or neglected. The atmosphere was busy but not chaotic and the food was gorgeous and yummy.

Everything on the brunch menu looked great and I found myself having a hard time deciding. I finally chose the Mayan eggs: 2 eggs on a yellow corn tortilla with black beans, Monterrey Jack cheese, guacamole, lettuce and ranchero sauce. When the dish was brought to the table it looked like a work of art. I wanted to take a picture. And the taste...yummy! The dish had just the right amount of flavor without being too spicy or too bland.

My friend had the Salmon Eggs Benedict. She was very happy with her choice and kept raving about how fresh everything tasted. I will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Spring Street Natural is also featured in Jared Koch's book Clean Plates NYC. Check it out!


PS-They have live jazz on Thursday nights starting at 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment