- Switch to paperless statements
- Bring your own reusable bags when shopping
- Ditch the plastic water bottle for a reusable aluminum bottle
- Switch to compact fluorescent bulbs
- Buy energy efficient appliances
- Reduce junk mail at Catalog Choice
- Turn off lights
- Don't run the water while brushing your teeth
- Lower your water heater to 120 degrees
- Fix leaking faucets, toilets etc.
- Install efficient shower heads
- Seal air leaks
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Air dry your clothes in the Summer
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Switch to greener products such as: Method, Earthworm or Seventh Generation
- Carpool, walk, bike, roller blade, take mass transit whenever possible
- Buy organic, local foods
- Buy products made of recycled materials
- Reduce fast food and take out. The containers are wasteful.
- Plant a tree
- Tell your friends!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
What can you do to go green?