Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A 1/2 Marathon???


I have decided to run the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in April 2010 in Nashville, TN. I wanted to run in 2008 but hurt my knee when I started training. I was extremely disappointed not to have been able to run especially since I was in the best shape of my life at the time. Now I am a few years older and not in the shape I would like to be. I feel I may be in over my head.

 I have not run regularly in months due to a slight ankle sprain. I started jogging again last week and it was hard...I mean really hard. I am more out of shape than I thought! While I haven't been running I have been able to work on my leg strength. It's really important for me to strengthen my quads and inner thighs in order to protect my knees. The last thing I need is another knee injury and 6 months of PT! So, any advice from runners out there is appreciated. I can definitely use all the advice and support I can get. I will post periodically about how I am doing. Wish me luck!!

PS-My friend Dara is in the picture. She ran by herself after I bailed on her. Isn't she amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment