Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My New Year's Goals

Whether you call them resolutions, goals, dreams, wishes etc everyone seems to have something they want to accomplish in 2010. For many people, losing weight and starting a workout program is the goal each and every year. You start the year excited and ready to go but in a few months your resolve fizzles and you find yourself eating an Entenmann's cake. So what can you do this year to make sure your goals become reality?
  1. Stop making weight loss your goal. Stop eliminating carbs and fat. Stop the fad diets and ridiculous workout routines.
  2. Make living a healthier life the goal. Living healthy does not mean depriving yourself or going to the gym several times a day working out until you drop. It's about eating real, whole foods that nourish you and make you feel happy and healthy and it's about incorporating a realistic amount of physical activity into your daily life.
  3. Set realistic goals for yourself. Do not vow to workout every day. It's not going to happen so don't set yourself up to fail.
  4. Think about how this goal will benefit you and create an action plan to accomplish this goal.
Here are some of my goals for 2010:
  • I will do yoga at least once per week. Doing yoga will help me stay calm and grounded. To achieve this goal I have downloaded several (almost 100!!) video podcasts to i Tunes. I will no longer be able to use time or money as an excuse.
  • I will do a 1/2 marathon in April. Running this marathon will not only help me get in shape, it will confirm, in my mind, that I am a runner. To achieve this I will run 2-3 times per week following a 1/2 marathon training schedule that I have downloaded.
  • I will cook more nutritious meals for myself. Cooking will definitely save $ and help me to become healthier. I have already found a ton of new recipes from Vegetarian Times (I want to incorporate more veggies into my diet as well) and I have made a shopping list. 
What are some of your goals? What are the benefits you will gain from these goals and how will you make it happen? 

As a New Year's gift to you I am offering 50% off my 4-month program. Your 4 month program includes:
  • Two, one-hour sessions per month
  • Group seminars and classes
  • Email support between sessions
  • Handouts and other materials
  • A monthly newsletter
Email me now for your free 45 minute consultation where we will discuss your unique situation in depth and determine how I can help you reach your personal goals.

Offer expires January 15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment