Saturday, March 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins

I found this recipe on How Sweet's blog and I knew I had to make them immediately!

Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins
adapted from allrecipes
makes 12-15 muffins

1 cup sugar (I used 1/2c...bananas and applesauce are already sweet)
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 3/4c whole wheat flour, 3/4 c all-purpose flour & 1/4c ground flax meal)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter morsel (I used 3/4c b/c I LOVE peanut butter!!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in muffin tins

Mix sugar, applesauce, and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until completely smooth. Fold in peanut butter chips. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.

These muffins are amazing! I even added a few chocolate chips to the last 3 muffins. I have to say though, the ones without the chocolate were so much better! You don't even need butter on these...they are that good. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment