Monday, June 14, 2010

Potatoes!!!

I've been cooking potatoes today! Did you know that potatoes are full of vitamins and minerals and if eaten in moderation (and I'm not talking about eating McDonald's french fries) they are a great addition to your diet.

One medium potato is loaded with Vitamin C, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Dietary Fiber. 

This morning I peeled a medium potato, grated about 1/2 of it and put the other 1/2 in the refrigerator for later. I put a little EVOO in a pan, dropped in the grated potato with a little salt, pepper and paprika. It was yummy and much healthier than getting hash browns from the diner.




French fries, unfortunately, are a staple in American diets. Most fries are loaded with fat, calories and chemicals...YUCK! If you can't live with out french fries, like most of us, then make them at home. 

This afternoon, I made healthy french fries to go along with my salmon burger. I cut the remaining 1/2 potato into strips and coated with EVOO, salt, pepper and paprika (a lot of paprika; I like the kick!). I baked in a 425 oven for about 25-30 minutes. They came out crispy, spicy and YUM!

There are many more options for potatoes other than hash browns and french fries.  I encourage you to add a little potato to your diet, in moderation of course.

By the way, the blog has a new look. Come on over and check it out!

Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment