That same night I took a Pilates private lesson with a woman who is studying to be a physical therapist. She suggested I stick my legs up the wall to balance the blood flow. This yoga move called Viparit Karni did the trick. I got home late Thursday and my legs were swollen. I put them up the wall for about 10 minutes. My legs immediately felt and looked better and today there was little to no swelling. Could this be a coincidence? Yes, but I will keep trying it because the thought of wearing compression stockings is not appealing! Here's a video showing you how to get in and out of the pose.
Some of the benefits of Viparit Karni are:
- Redirects the flow of blood from feet to heart with pull of gravity for detoxification.
- Relieve the varicose veins, edema, and elephantiasis.
- Massages the abdominal organs with blood circulation & tones up the abdomen.
- Relieves constipation.
- Increases the cardiac output and strengthens the wall of the heart & cardiac muscles.
- Activates the thyroid & parathyroid glands.
- Balances the metabolism of the body & rekindles the gastric fire.
- Activates the synthesis of protein and vitamin.
- Reverse the aging process.
- Helps absorb the nutrients from the food consumed.
- Activates the mind by reducing mental sluggishness & lethargy.
- Diverts the flow of blood to the brain.
- Increases the efficiency of sensory organs