Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

What a lovely day. The weather was great. I got up early and went to the Macy's parade across town. It was super crowded but fun. I am glad I went this year.

Went I got home I was famished. I made Trader Joe's pumpkin pancakes and coffee. Yum! After breakfast I did a little house cleaning and then it was time to cook.


Stuffed Acorn Squash-This was so easy to make and very tasty. I loved it and so did my picky eater friend who joined me for Thanksgiving dinner.






Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Risotto- OMG, this was so rich and creamy but time consuming to make.





And of course...pie!!! Found this Sweet Potato Pie recipe and knew I had to try it out. It was fabulous. Definitely the best part of the meal.



Needless to say, there were a ton of leftovers. This morning I wasn't feeling like my usual oats. I had leftover quinoa so I threw it in a bowl with a little almond milk, maple syrup and a slice of leftover pie. Oh how delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment