Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday randomness

I got up at a reasonable time this morning and was able to make my breakfast and eat it at home with a cup of coffee. Usually I make it and bring it to work to eat. It's not very satisfying that way.

Since the weather turned colder I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast. For a little variety, I decided to use leftover coconut milk to cook my oats this morning. I used 1/3c oats in 2/3c coconut milk. I added a tbsp each of ground flax and wheat germ. When it was done cooking I added a mashed up banana and placed it in a bowl and then sprinkled a little granola on top. It was so yummy and satisfying.

For my lunch hour I went to the gym as usual. Today was a running (jogging really) day for me. As mentioned in a previous post, I want to do the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in April but am finding it a struggle to run even a 1/4 of a mile. Today I alternated jogging and walking for 2.4 miles. I was able to keep my heart rate under 150 which is really good for me. The last few times my heart rate went sky high the minute I started to jog so I am happy that my body is getting use to the activity again.

I have decided to cook for Thanksgiving this year. I am not making a turkey but will be making a few dishes that I have wanted to try such as Stuffed Roasted Acorn, Pumpkin Risotto and a healthier version of Sweet Potato Pie. I will let you know how it turns out.

What I will not do this holiday season is stress about what I eat. It's a holiday and I plan to eat whatever I want within reason. And if I decide to have 2 slices of sweet potato pie then I will not punish myself or feel bad about it. So there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment