Wednesday, December 9, 2009

GMST Challenge-Day 11&12

Sleep:
Sleep has been better this week. I ended up going to bed really early on Monday night which refreshed me and I have been able to get up at a decent hour too. I still need to wean myself off of the snooze button.
Food:
I've been snacking. Not crazy, out of control, binge snacking but sort of a controlled snacking if there is such a thing. I am still standing strong on the no fast food (yea!!) but I need to reign in the snacking!
Workout:
Day 11: I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, 50 girl style push-ups and abs.
Day 12: I jogged/walked 2.67 miles. This is good for me. I've been having problems jogging lately but today I did better than usual. I was able to increase my speed and the time of actual jogging. The only problem is that my heart rate went too high for me. I felt like I couldn't breathe and I felt pressure on my throat. When this happened I backed off and started walking until I felt better. Although I usually start out a workout with a goal I need to listen to my body. I know the difference between feeling tired or lazy and my body needing  rest.
Self Care:
Since my knees and hip flexors are feeling sore I will ice, stretch and foam roll tonight (even though foam rolling is painful!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment