Sunday, December 20, 2009

GMST Challenge-Day 23

What a productive day! I woke up at 8:30 and immediately threw on my boots and coat and went outside to see the snow. It was beautiful!


So here's how I did today...

Sleep:
Nothing to report. I feel rested today.
Food:
I had the last of my Trader Joe's pumpkin pancakes and coffee for breakfast. For lunch it was all veggies. (I am going out of town and I am trying to use what I have in the frig.) Also, I knew I was going out for dinner and I wanted to keep it light. For dinner my friend and I went to York Grill. The food was great! We shared Crispy Spring Rolls (shrimp and vegetable spring rolls with a sesame seaweed salad and three dipping sauces). These were ok, nothing spectacular about them. For my main course I had Grilled Atlantic Salmon (served over a crispy Idaho potato-bacon-arugula cake topped with a shaved carrot salad with a drizzle of arugula emulsion). This was amazing. I wish I had taken a picture. I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc with dinner. Not my favorite white wine but is was good. For dessert we split a molten chocolate cake w/a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This was quite yummy. Overall, I really liked this place and definitely plan to go back.
Workout:
Yes, I finally worked out today!!! I did 90 minutes of weight training at home including stretching and foam rolling. Woo hoo!! To get cardio benefits I threw in jumping jacks, random dance moves and I didn't rest between exercises.
Self Care:
I was able to get a lot of things checked off my list. One more day at the office and then I am off to Florida to spend the Holidays with family. Yea!!

Be Well!!



No comments:

Post a Comment