Thursday, December 10, 2009

GMST Challenge-Day 13

Ok guys, Day 13!

Sleep:
Could be better but could also be worse. I need to go to bed earlier.
Food:
Ok, so I had Hostess Mini Donuts last night and today...swollen legs and ankles! I recently wrote about my visit to the doctor. I called my doctor back after 2 more weeks of swelling and requested an ultrasound of my legs to rule out leaky veins or blood clots. Everything was fine. On Day 4, I had an appointment with my acupuncturist and she mentioned that she had 2 patients with swollen legs and ankles like me. It turned out they both had an allergy to corn, specifically high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). Well, here I was on Day 4 having significantly reduced my junk food intake and my legs were noticeably better. Then yesterday I had junk food and today, swelling! This was an AHA! moment for sure. 
Workout:
Today was supposed to be a resting day but I did get a little walking in; about 1.94 miles.
Self Care:
Came home and made a lovely dinner and did not snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment